Using mobile application to collect and display data is becoming increasingly popular because, compared to traditional paper-based solutions, they:
- Reduce manual effort (quicker to complete with things like drop down list and auto-capture location)
- Speed up the sharing of data
- Reduce errors from mis-reading or mis-capturing
- Allow for additional data to be captured such as GPS location, photo, video
- Provide enriched data to remote field staff such as sales reports, new tasks etc.
- Enable administrators to receive notifications when new reports are submitted
- Allow instant push notifications to be sent to field staff.
We have a lot of experience of developing data collection apps that are used by a range of client companies for sales, maintenance staff as well as members of the public. We have developed a platform that makes it very easy to quickly and cost-effectively deploy such apps, as well as the secure hosted web-based database to receive the results. This platform allows for:
- Android and iOS (Apple) apps, distributed through the App Stores
- Clean, simple design customisation
- A range of question types including:
- Signature capture (finger-signing)
- Multiple Choice
- Branch logic - so questions presented depend upon previous answers
- Mandatory and non-mandatory fields
- Remote updating of questions, so user’s do not have to download new versions of the app
- Online/ offline synchronisation so the app can work offline then update when user has network or is on WIFI
- Realtime display of results in the app, if applicable
- The submitted data are stored in Google Sheets which is very secure and cost effective. Further analysis, data visualisation,integrations can be built within the Google Sheet. Emails can be auto-generated to administrators to let them know that new results have been received. Results can be exported to excel or other platforms.
- Data can be integrated with project management platforms such as Monday.com to manage enterprise workflows across organisations. For example field researcher dispatch apps. More information on our project management and workflow solutions.
One exciting example of how our data collection platform is currently being used is by the Government of Ghana for citizens to report issues (for example at hospitals or on roads), upload photos and rate institutions. Real-time reports and maps of issues are then displayed through the application. Contact us today to get a free quote for your Data Collection app.